Monday 22 April 2013

Last two weeks Fuel Tanker Commercial bus Accident Survivor tells his Story

Two weeks ago,my family was among the many families that mourned following the death of our loved ones who perished in the Tanker fire accident on Benin-Lagos expressway.All the victims were burnt beyond recognition and were given mass burial last week.However,this is the story of Kenneth Chinedu Nwaokoro 24.a final year student of information Technology of Caritas University Enugu who survived the accident. the lucky man from imo state was returning to Enugu to Complete his Final year project after visiting his brother in Lagos

Narrating what happened and the Miracle of his survival in his hospital bed at the Orthopaedic Hospital Enugu Nwaokoro told Saturday Sun:When we left the park,our bus was half filled so the driver picked  passengers along the road till the bus got filled except for the seat beside me cause i did not allow anybody to seat there.the excuse i gave was that somebody was sitting there already because i didnt want disturbance and moreso,it was illegal for them to pick passengers along the road

The journey was smooth so i slept off. I was sleeping when the accident happened infact,it was the sound of the collision that woke me up. I woke up to see the driver struggling with the Driver to maneuver the Bus but everywhere was already on fire and there was commotion.people were shouting and Runing towards the door but it was locked the Bus is one of Young New Buses with computer doors.people were geting burnt cause there was fire everywere.At first,i was confused but i convinced my self that i will survive. I oppened the window and jumped out but the fire burnt my back and face.on landing,i ran straight to a local hospital nearby were i had to pay N2000 before they gave me first aid.  I then called my younger brother who came and took me to Enugu

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...